I love to eat this vegan bowl after a workout! The colourful vegetables and the different plant protein sources as well as the healthy fats of the peanut butter make the dish delicious and healthy at the same time! Find my peanut soy sauce recipe here.
- 2 Pots
- 2 Pans
- 200 g Quinoa
- 1 Broccoli
- 250 g Mushrooms
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Elongated Sweet Pepper
- 1 can Chickpeas (200g) protein source
- 3 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 100 ml Water (for veggies)
- 200 g Tofu (smoked) protein source
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Paprika Powder
- 1-2 tsp Curry Powder
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Agave Syrup
- 1 tbsp Water
- Cut the broccoli into small pieces. Place in a pot and fill with cold water. Bring the water to a boil and continue boiling it for about 10 minutes (check for desired consistency).
- Wash Quinoa and prepare according to packaging.
- Cut zucchini, mushrooms and bell pepper into small slices.
- Preheat the pan with 3 tbsp of rapeseed oil.
- Add zucchini & mushrooms and cook for a few minutes.
- Add 100 ml water to the pan (so we don't need to use too much oil) and add the bell peppers after.
- Season to taste and keep frying until soft.
- Once the broccoli is done, add it to the veggies.
Prepare tofu & chickpeas
- Dice the tofu.
- Preheat another pan with 3 tbsp olive oil.
- Add tofu, paprika powder, curry powder, 1 tbsp water & 2-3 tsp agave syrup and mix well.
- After a few minutes add chickpeas and fry until crispy.
Bring it all together!
- Place quinoa on a big plate. Top with veggies and then the fried tofu/chickpea mix and enjoy!
- Add a super simple and delicious peanut sauce on top for some extra flavour! (link to recipe below)